Monday, June 23, 2008

Teen Wolf

Friday, June 20, 2008

When I was a little kid, I used to rent Teen Wolf a lot. On a boring Saturday, I would watch it, rewind it, watch it again, and so on, until the day was over. I don't know why I loved the movie so damn much, but I did. I pretty much thought it was the best movie ever. It didn't take me too long to realize that the best movie ever was that other Michael J. Fox movie that came out in 1985. I guess I was close, though. Maybe I could sense that I had found the right actor and year for my favorite movie ever, but but found the wrong title. 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Trivia that only I would notice: Jerry Levine plays "Stiles" in Teen Wolf. In one scene, his character wears a shirt that says "What Are You Looking At Dicknose?" Levine later when on to direct TV shows, including some episodes of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. In one episode of said show, directed by Levine, the character Mac is wearing a shirt with the same slogan on it. WAY TO GO DAN FOR BEING THE ONLY PERSON TO CARE.

2 comments:

Paul said...

Similarly, Dan, I had a serious obsession with Teen Wolf...so much so that I still follow Coach Bobby Finstock's Three Rules to Live By to this very day: 1) Never get less than twelve hours sleep, 2) Never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city, and 3) Never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Y'know what? Everything is still cream cheese...

The only real unanswered question that I have from the movies is this: Why is Boof called Boof? Its never really addressed and I still want to know.

Dan said...

Weirdly enough, I had those exact same obsessions for years (particularly on the coach. Poor guy, IRS is breathing down his neck like they got a some kinda personal vendetta against Bobby Finstock).

I was also pretty fixated for years on that scene in the liquor store where Scott's eyes turn red and said "give me a keg of beer." I was boggled by what he did next, where he lifted up some white thing and said "And these." WHAT THE HELL ARE "THESE"?! For years I wanted to know. Now, with a widescreen transfer, I think they might be a pack of mini donuts, but it's still not clear.

One of the great enigmas of cinema.