Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It's A Wonderful Life

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Bam. What? Bam. Yeah, that's right. I had never seen It's a Wonderful Life before. I told you I had an embarassing one coming up.

I don't know, I guess I was too busy watching Jason movies or jerking off during Christmases past and missed it.

Well, my favorite Christmas movie is and will always be A Christmas Story, but I'm not Grinch enough to deny that this is a great film. Obviously it's charming as all hell, and I'm not afraid to admit to tearing up like a little bitch at the end. Mostly though, there's something comforting and reassuring about this film, it's like a friend, and I can see why people would return to it year after year. It's unashamedly inspirational, maybe even sappy, but it's so well done, and so genuine, that it works.

No comments: