Saturday, October 1, 2011

Return of the Revenge of Your Vice is a Horror Movie Marathon and Only I Have the Netflix Queue

Oops.

So the last few months have been interesting. I had some weird health issues that may or may not be in my head, I kicked off a new school year at work, I got married, I went on a honeymoon. All in all, I guess some good excuses for not really updating this thing, but the truth is my silence has actually been more inspired by laziness, a lack of self confidence, or sometimes a touch of apathy. Just this week, I was going to sit down and turn out a brief post about my admiration for Contagion and Drive, but I ended up second guessing myself that I had anything interesting to say about them (or the writing skills to even properly express my thoughts about them), and after a few minutes of trying to work through it, it just didn't seem worth the effort.

Well, no more. If there is one thing that could shake me out of my funk, it's the return of my annual "Your Vice is a Horror Movie Marathon and Only I Have the Netflix Queue" challenge. I'll keep introductions brief. You know the drill: I'm gonna spend October trying to watch as many horror movies as I possibly can, and each movie will get a short post on my blog. I am planning on keeping last year's addition of assigning letter grades to each movie, even though I think it's silly, reductive and arbitrary. It's also fun.

In the comments below, I'd appreciate any recommendations for movies to cover this month. Keep in mind, I have seen a fuckload of horror movies in my life, so I'm looking more for off the beaten path type stuff (unless there's, like, a classic or something you think I should watch because you want to hear my take on it.) Thanks!

2 comments:

Mr. Subtlety said...

Holy shit, it's on. October is truly worth suffering through the rest of the year for.

Dan said...

Honestly, there's a part of me that spends the other 11 months wishing it was October. And typing that just made me a little sad.