Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Monday, December 24, 2007

Ahh, yes. My favorite of the Jones saga. And somehow, the perfect Christmas Eve movie.

For as fun as this movie is, damn this is some dark and nasty shit. I mean, what with all the heart ripping, giant bug crawling, flaming skewer throwing, eaten alive by crocodiles, human skin dried and stretched out, chilled monkey brains eating, good guy turning evil, guys getting slowly crushed to death-type shenanigans going on throughout this movie.

I was pretty young when I saw Temple of Doom for the first time, and I remember how captivating all this grotesquerie was to me. I wondered this time, while watching it, if this movie didn't in some way help kick off my love of horror movies.

Could be.

No comments: