Monday, April 7, 2008

Bad Day at Black Rock

Sunday, April 6, 2008

I realized the other day that I'm not too familiar with Spencer Tracy, so I should work something of his into my K2K. And I figured what better movie to watch than one where he plays a one-armed karate master.

Directed by John Sturges, the fellow who did The Great Escape and The Magnificent Seven, it's a fairly enjoyable tough guy movie with a handful of strong action sequences, which are pretty badass for a 50's movie. Even at only 82 minutes, the plot seems stretched thin and can't really sustain the whole movie, but it's still entertaining, and aided by a good supporting cast including Lee Marvin.

And it's very satisfying to see a one-armed Spencer Tracy beat up Ernest Borgnine with karate chops. I'm just sayin', you don't see that every day.

No comments: