Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Monkey Business

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

OK, I am prone to giving older comedies a lot of shit for not actually being funny. I've popped on a lot of supposed classics, only to find that they barely make me crack a smile. I guess mostly it's a cultural/generational thing going on.

Or so I'd like to think. But then how come the Marx Brothers actually make me laugh? And I mean real laughter, not just a smile of recognition that says "Oh, I get what they were going for. How clever."

Here's one that's pretty funny, but has a really disappointing finale. It keeps a steady momentum of laughs throughout then film, but then it's like someone forgot to put a good joke in the last 5 minutes. So you leave a little unsatisfied, but on a whole it's a good one.

No comments: