Monday, May 12, 2008

Jigoku

Sunday, May 11, 2008

The next in my list of "why the fuck didn't they just translate the title into English" movies, jigoku apparently just means "hell." And it's a movie about a bunch of people that die and go to hell. Wow. I'm sure we would have really lost something in translation.

I watched this at Andy's suggestion, and nice try kiddo but this movie pretty much sucked. There's some cool imagery near the end when the characters finally go to hell, but most of the movie leading up to that is corny, when it's not just boring.

I guess this is a horror movie, or at least the finale kind of seems like a horror movie, but most of the build up is some really silly melodrama. I don't know, maybe some of this was supposed to be funny and I was just in the wrong mindset, but that part where all the major characters die through a weird string of coincidences was just silly.

Oh well, I guess it was worth a shot.

No comments: