Thursday, May 8, 2008

Mean Girls

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Ah, I recall the brief window of time when Lindsay Lohan seemed to have a promising career. And it was really the 2 flicks she did with director Mark Waters that signify the high point: the way better than expected Freaky Friday, and Mean Girls, one of the best and funniest teen movies of the 00's (maybe second only to Superbad... or are there some classics I'm forgetting?)

Since then, she really hasn't done much of note. A Prairie Home Companion was pretty good, but she was probably the least interesting part of the whole movie. And then I guess you could count The Parent Trap's violent, nonsensical, kind of awful but also fascinating horror movie sequel I Know Who Killed Me as a positive, but I'm not sure that movie is good for any of the reasons Ms. Lohan may have thought... or anyone who worked on the film, for that matter.

Tina Fey should write more movies, because this shit is funny and it stays funny every time I watch it. I got a little worried that maybe Fey had lost her touch when I saw those awful commercials for Baby Mama, but then I found out she didn't write that one. Phew. Although I gotta say, I like Tina Fey the actress, but I still prefer Tina Fey the writer.

No comments: