Monday, August 11, 2008

Showdown in Little Tokyo

Saturday, August 9, 2008

I guess maybe I detoured a little too far from my K2K this weekend, but shit happens. I watched Showdown in Little Tokyo because it was directed by Mark Fucking Lester, director of a lot of B-movies that seem like they should be terrible, except they are actually kind of incredibly entertaining. He did Commando, Class of 1984 and Roller Boogie. I had heard this might be another good one.

It's not, at least not quite. There are defintely some moments, a lot of odd details wedged in to seperate this from other generic, low budget action movies. There's just not enough of that, so instead of feeling like an oddball comedy disguised as a generic action movie (like Commando) it just seems like a generic action movie with a few nice touches. What a shame.

No comments: