Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Falcon and the Snowman

Monday, February 11, 2008

In the tradition of Cop, here's another mostly forgotten 80's movie that for reasons I do not recall has been on my Netflix queue for a very long time. I don't know what is going on with me lately... I wonder if this is becoming a habit?

This is an entertaining movie about two young American guys who find themselves in a position to sell US secrets to the Soviets. Based on a true story, although I'm guessing there's some serious dramatic license being taken. Any way, it's a good movie with an agreeably oddball Sean Penn performance.

First Cop, now The Falcon and the Snowman... I wonder what slightly above average forgotten 80's flick I can find next?

2 comments:

Shenan said...

...i just have to ask, where does that title come from?

Dan said...

Codenames or nicknames for the main characters. Timothy Hutton has a pet falcon, so they call him "Falcon." Sean Penn is the "Snowman" because he sells drugs I think, but I honestly don't remember anybody actually calling him that.