Thursday, February 7, 2008

Ratatouille

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Did everyone forget about Ratatouille?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but everyone loves this movie, right? It's great... absolutely the most magical movie of the past several years, likely to get a spot my all-time magical list.

It also seemed to me that the critics agreed with this assessment about it, and that they all gushed and raved about it. Then, come the end of the year, it didn't seem to register on any of their best 10 lists. Or at least not as much as I had expected. It's like they all became Anton Egos.

This movie is less jokey but way more charming and delightful than all the other computer animated movies of late. Something I love that I don't think is noted much, but was clear to me watching it last night, is that it's also something of a secret action movie. There are a large number of chase scenes in this movie, and I think that final one with the scooter is one of the best action scenes of the year.

So chew on that next time you watch it.

No comments: