Monday, July 7, 2008

Enter the Dragon

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Here's another one I'm embarrassed for never having seen. In fact, I guess I'll just go ahead and admit that I had never seen a Bruce Lee movie before. I was excited to watch this one, because it's more of a fun, martial arts movie, but still legitimately beloved enough to count for my K2K.

I finally see the appeal of Bruce Lee. The motherfucker's got presence. Enter the Dragon doesn't have the intricate, dance-like choreography of a Jackie Chan movie, but it's got a lot of style and badass-ness. He knows how to fuck people up, and he knows how to look cool while doing it. If Lee's other movies are like this, then I'm going to have to say that I prefer Chan's style, but this is still a worthwhile venture. This is a perfect combination of a brilliantly silly plot, stylish 70's music and camera work, and a handful of badass fights, with some memorably cool characters. It even has John Saxon, the patron saint of b-movie actors. What's not to like?

No comments: