Sunday, January 20, 2008

48 Hrs.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Watching The Warriors and realizing that I liked it more than I thought made me want to check out some more Walter Hill movies. So I gave this one a shot, which I had always hear good things about.

I think the fact that I was very sick and very tired when I watched this probably contributed, but I was a bit disappointed. There's some entertaining stuff here, but this is no action comedy classic by any means. Yeah, it has some pretty funny parts and other assorted good scenes, and Nick Nolte and Eddie Murphy do have good chemistry, but a lot of it I thought was boring or unconvincing (really, the premise is a pretty bad one, and poorly handled) and it lacked the cool visual style of The Warriors.

Again, being sick is probably partially to blame. Still not a fan, though.

No comments: