Friday, January 4, 2008

Graveyard Shift

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Just three days after watching an evil rats movie, here comes another one. This time, from the Stephen King set.

I remember the short story, and I remember liking it. I liked the movie, too. The story was a lot creepier, but the movie was fun. It's a good, not great, little monster movie with some cool makeup effects and whatnot. It didn't seem to have a very large budget or anything, but it looked nice, and I thought the evil rat king was pretty sweet. (Although I remember the story having a whole shitload of weird mutant rats... the movie only has this one, which is a missed opportunity for aweomeness).

The acting was also pretty good, for this type of affair. Straightforward, likeable characters vs. rats. Except the dude playing the villain, who goes really over-the-top, and not in a good way. More iin a stupid way. Which is a shame, because the movie already has Brad Dourif in a good over-the-top performance as a rat catcher. Which was enough, but this villain dude has to go and spoil everything.

Still, I liked it.

No comments: