Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Madhouse

Sunday, December 30, 2007

The next step in our adventure was what we called The Price is Right Double Feature. It was back-to-back Vincent Price movies, both with a similar plot. (Or so we assumed).

Madhouse was my favorite of the two. In it, Price plays... well, sort of himself. He's an aging horror movie actor attempting to make a comeback. Only, in a twist that I assume is not based on his real life, people on the set of his new movie keep getting killed by a mysterious masked madman. And the killer is killing them in the exact same ways that characters were killed by him in his old movies. Could Price be the killer? Or is someone setting him up?

This is a pretty entertaining horror/mystery type flick, good-looking, with a typically enjoyable performance by Price. It's not a particularly graphic film, but it was more violent than I was expecting. (That's a pleasant surprise). Also, as an added bonus, Peter Cushing is along for the ride, too. And they make good use of actual clips from some of Price's older movies.

It also had a really weird ending that I'm not sure I understood. I was scratching my head a bit. But in a good way, if you feel me.

No comments: