Sunday, January 20, 2008

Killer Bait

Thursday, January 17, 2008

When I was home sick Thursday, I finally got around to watching this one, the last movie in a public domain, film noir set that Shenan got me for my birthday. I have not a fucking clue why it took me so long to get to it, except that for some reason I was convinced that it was going to suck.

Well, turns out it's good, just like every other movie in the set. What's pretty cool about this one is that the femme fatale is actually the main character, and we watch her going around manipulating a bunch of different men, trying to get some stolen money all to herself. The plot is pretty clever, the acting and dialogue are really good, and they knock off one character fairly early on that I was convinced was one of the main characters. That's one of my favorite, underused gimmicks in genre movies, and it's especially great becuase you never see it happen in a movie this old.

This might be my 2nd favorite from the set, after Orson Welles' The Stranger. Fuckin' A.

Also, I'm counting this one as going towards my K2K.

No comments: