Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Warriors

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Watched this with Shenan, Chris and Patrick while hanging out over the weekend. We had actually put on 2 movies the night before, but we didn't pay any attention to them at all, so I'm not counting them.

I liked The Warriors when I first saw it, but now this time I think I liked it a little more. The problem with the movie is that there's a lot of potential for greatness, but it only sometimes gets there. It sets up a lot of great ideas, but doesn't pay them off as well as you'd want. Well, the pay-offs are usually really good, but there aren't enough of them. Still, this time knowing that the movie wasn't going to explode into anarchy (as the beginning seems to suggest) helped me enjoy it more.

I think I read that they are remaking this picture. I can dig that, there's room for improvement. This has a great premise but doesn't fully capitalize on it... a remake could really go hog wild.

No comments: