Thursday, October 16, 2008

May

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

May is one of the very best horror movies of this decade, and watching it again I was reminded of Lucky McKee's potential to be one of the best directors of the genre. He hasn't quite lived up to that yet, but maybe some day. His episode of Masters of Horror was one of the best (probably second only to Takashi Miike's episode), and his follow up movie, The Woods, was overall pretty good, although definitely a step down. I was excited when I heard he had a new one coming out, a Jack Ketchum adaptation called Red, but apparently he either quit or was fired part way into filming, and some other dude I haven't heard of finished it. It's on my queue and I'm still curious to see it, but I won't really be able to evaluate it in terms of McKee's filmography.

No comments: