Friday, October 24, 2008

The Thief of Bagdad

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Through no fault of my own I had to take a night off YVIAHMMAOIHTNQ. Our mail has been randomly not showing up some days, so my Netflix didn't arrive. Our mail didn't arrive Monday either, and didn't show up until very late on Wednesday. It's getting ridiculous, and it's especially pissing me off because it's slowing down my Netflix intake. I'm not getting my money's worth.

I had The Thief of Bagdad Tivoed, so I watched it instead, and it's a pretty delightful fantasy film from the early 40's, in technicolor, with a lot of pretty awesome special effects for the time. My brother used to watch Jason and the Argonauts and the Sinbad movies and stuff like that when we were kids, and this seems like an early precursor to those, only better than I remember most of those being.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've been meaning to see that. It sounds awesome. I know Criterion released a DVD of it recently. Your review reminded me to put it on my netflix queue.

Salso, I accepted the friend request on netflix.

Dan said...

I think you'll dig it. Thanks for finally accepting the invite.

P.S. : "Salso"? Is that some new hip teenage slang I'm unaware of? Like you wanna say "also" but throw some salsa flavor into it?

Anonymous said...

You GOT it.

Salso, I encourage you to start using it.