Thursday, March 13, 2008

12 Angry Men

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I had watched the end of 12 Angry Men a few years back, I believe with my old roommate Tim. Been meaning to see the whole thing for a long time.

This is a well-made, well-acted, very entertaining movie, but hot damn is it heavy-handed and preachy. I mean, they don't even bother to give the opposite point of view a single argument that isn't obviously flawed, there are these constant "oh snap" moments that defy plausibility just to make a point, and Henry Fonda's character is so perfect that he's actually dressed in all white, like he's a fucking angel come down from the heavens to save us poor morons. I mean, this is an entertaining movie and I completely agree with the point it's trying to make, but sheesh. It's best to just ignore all the preachiness and superiority and go with the flow.

I like this movie, but I'm not sure I would consider it a klassik myself.

No comments: