Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Singing in the Rain

Monday, March 3, 2008

I knew I owed the movie gods some penance after the Police Academy weekend, so I Kommitted myself to Klassik-watching for this week, and to help kick that off before my Netflix arrived, I tivoed Singing in the Rain and A Man for All Seasons.

Any ways, good times with this one. I’m not the biggest fan of musicals per se, but I had a lot of fun watching Singing in the Rain. I think I’m softening in my old age, because this shit would have been too corny for me ten years ago. But now I found myself genuinely enjoying it, on its intended level. Singing and dancing and colorful nonsense can be fun for me now, dammit. Who would have thought?

“Exuberant” is the proper word for this one… it’s just so fucking giddy and energized and eager to please that it breaks through all your defenses. It’s not a movie that I would say I loved, but I liked it a lot and can definitely understand why it’s a klassik.

No comments: