Monday, March 31, 2008

Once

Saturday, March 29, 2008

This one is an indie drama about an Irish street musician who forms a relationship with a Czech immigrant, and they write music together while never quite becoming a couple. So it's maybe a little like if you crossed Music and Lyrics with Before Sunrise.

I like low key movies like this, that never push the drama too hard and plays things a little closer to real life. It's just a nice, quiet, insightful movie with some good charm and humor, and a touching ending.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched 'Once' a few days ago. A friend lent me the DVD saying I have to watch it because it's about a street performer (and I am one, too). The scene where the busker runs after a guy who stole money from his bag rang very true - I had that happen to me, too, and it ended the same way as in the movie. From there on the movie kept growing on me as it went on.

All the best,

Saw Lady
www.SawLady.com/blog

Dan said...

Please tell me that your street performances include you playing music on a saw. That would be awesome.