Sunday, March 23, 2008

Bonnie and Clyde

Saturday, March 22, 2008

I've had this in from Netflix for close to two weeks, which for me is an eternity, because I wanted to watch it with Shenan and hadn't found the time.

This is right up her alley, as she tends to very much enjoy the young lovers on the lam type movies. She digs Wild at Heart and Natural Born Killers and Badlands and stuff like that, and so do I, and this was a very good one.

Gene Hackman has a supporting role, and godamn, didn't this guy ever look young? Seriously, I just watched The French Connection a while back and the guy looked like he was in his 50's, and this one is four years earlier and he looked just as old. And then he looks almost exactly the same 30 years later in Unforgiven. Patrick and I thought maybe he had made a pact with the devil to stay young forever, only he didn't do it until he was old and now that's what he looks like forever. Eternally in his 50s.

1 comment:

Shenan said...

i liked this one a lot too. it reminded me a lot of dillinger, in style. though i think it moved a little faster than dillinger, which i appreciated. good choice, and thanks for hanging onto it for so long for me.